Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Missiles Ahoy!

Hi all,

Sorry that it has taken so long to get new content up and running. I am readying several updates, but have been very busy in the aftermath of my China trip with tests and reports and the like.

I just received information that I will be living in the Asakusa area of Tokyo and working in Roppongi for Columbia Music Entertainment this summer. My work days will be Mon-Fri 9:30 - 6:30. My project description is still a mystery. Everything is covered by the company except for my eating expenses. I also have to commute to work each day via a 30 minute train ride. My take-home is approx. $3500 (a portion of that will go to food and other personal expenses).

I will be living at:

Weekly Mansion Asakusa
1-21-10, Honjo,
Sumida-ku,
Tokyo, 130-0004
JAPAN

Please don't let the word "mansion" fool you - in Japanese it translates into "broom closet."

In other news, the North Koreans are supposed to launch a ballistic missile at Japan tomorrow. Since I may very well be exploded - I am prematurely sending you all my love.

Till next time (?)

B.E.W.

*Also, we have officially passed 1000 hits on the blog! While not exactly an accurate count - I added the hit counter after a month and a half of constant updates - this number still makes me very happy. Thanks to all those who read "A White Boy in Japan!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben

I'm one of your regular readers, I live in the UK and read your blog at least once a week (while I'm at work!) I really enjoy all the photos and you have a very good style of writing, it makes it all very interesting and entertaining. An excellent blog!

Benjamin Whaley said...

Haha - maybe you shouldn't read it at work. What if you get caught? Glad you like the blog!

Best,

Ben

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben, I am so glad that you are having a wonderful time in Japan. My son also mentioned Maid Cafe in Tokyo. Anyway I will be in Tokyo from July 14 - 19 with three Roosevelt students. I will give you a call. See you in Tokyo.