Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New Transportation

Below are some pics from my new train station of choice, Kuramae Station. This station is within 5 minutes walking distance from my new home (depending on how many don't walk signs you hit). I just take one line daily, the Oedo Line, which runs every 8 minutes or so and gets me to Roppongi for my work in under a half-hour without any transfers.

Since I live in the industrial area of Asakusa, my town (and train station) are empty on the weekends. The weekdays is another story however. You have no doubt seen the famous videos of businessmen being shoved into packed subway cars with giant polls. My train line isn't *quite* that bad, but close!

I wanted to take a picture to post for comparison this morning, but I was smashed in a block of people and literally could not reach my pocket to get my cell phone. The amazing thing is that people can sleep, read, and eat while swallowed up in a mass or people, and everyone gets on and off without any injury.

B.E.W.

B.E.W.

No comments: