Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bandai Museum Part 1: Superheroes

Here is the Bandai Superhero museum in Chiba. This museum has exhibits on Power Rangers, Masked Rider, Ultraman, Godzilla and others. The museum also had lots of life-size manikins and displays that you could take pictures of. I was very grateful for the two weeks I spent interning in the anime division of Columbia Music. Thanks to my time spent with the anime folks, I am now quite knowledgeable about the history and evolution (not to mention theme music) of the Super Sentai Rangers, Masked Rider, and Ultraman series in Japan. This allowed me to enjoy the museum fully.

All of the video and music materials sold in the gift shop were products of my recently departed Columbia Music anime section (they were selling Psychic Lover’s album as well).

The pictures down below do a much better job of explaining stuff than I can in writing, so what are you waiting for?

Have a look!

B.E.W.

No comments: