Thursday, June 19, 2008

One Week and Counting...

In one week's time I will be back in Japan, re-experiencing the luxurious comfort that only a broom closet-style room at Asakusa's Weekly Mansion can provide. If you are asking yourself why I would choose to return to such lodging after narrowly escaping with my sanity two years ago, the answer is simple...IT'S CHEAP!!!

In other news, I just found out by checking my online reservation that there was an inability to book me a window seat on my United flight to Tokyo. Thus, I'll be confined to the middle of one of those super long rows near the back of the plane for 11 hours straight. I hope for comical purposes that two immensely obese people sit on either side of me, while a screaming baby kicks my seat from behind.

Finally, I recently added a new poll feature in the right-hand column. I plan to periodically add new poll questions, so feel free to click an answer and participate. The current poll asks you to name your favorite film from master Japanese animation director Hayao Miyazaki.

Miyazaki's newest film "Ponyo on the Cliff" (崖の上のポニョ) opens this July in Japan. I very much hope to see it in my free time.

Till next time, my preparations for job interviews must continue!

B.E.W.

1 comment:

Lee's Discount Store said...

dude, you totally left out my favorites :o where's 天空の城ラピュタ, huh??