Thursday, September 04, 2008

Hi All!

Just a quick message to let you all know that I arrived safe and sound in Ehime (Shikoku) Japan. I got in late last night after a grueling all-day travel session that included two flights, an hour-long shuttle, and a $50 taxi ride.

I'm writing this from the sweltering heat of my apartment through the magic of pirated wireless internet! I have much to write about including my apartment building itself and my impressions so far of the surrounding area.

This morning my boss woke me up to go to the immigration office bright and early. That's fine, I was already up by 5 AM anyway. She also told me that she wants me to start conducting private English lessons beginning this evening. Never mind the jet lag or the fact that my stuff is still in suitcases.

No rest for the wicked!

More to come soon...when I get an ounce of downtime.

B.E.W.

UPDATE: I forgot to pack the USB cable to transfer pictures from my digital camera to my laptop. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, pictures will be delayed until I can go into the city proper and secure a new cable. Sorry!

No comments: