Wednesday, November 12, 2008


This is Mr. Contac, the friendly anthropomorphic spokespill who adorns the cover of my cold medicine box.  I paid the extra 150 Yen in order to buy the package with his smiling seal of approval.  Why?  In a sea of indecipherable cold-related kanji, his face just made me feel better.  

I figured if I was going to entrust healing my symptoms to a series of small plastic pouches filled with a mystery white granule reminiscent of cocaine, it might as well be endorsed by a likable character.  And who better to tell me what medication to take than a giant talking pill?  Heck, he's made of medicine!

I've since decided that all my future food, medical, and household item related purchases will be based solely on, A) the presence, and B) the overall likability of the accompanying mascot character.  

...After four days of swallowing this bitter-beyond-belief white powder with a sake glass full of water, my symptoms still persist.  Yet, I remain 100% faithful in the all-knowing Mr. Contac!

No comments: