Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stupid Stories of a Short Nature (バカ話)

#1) I went to McDonald's the other day and ordered some French fries. Per usual, I asked for two little ketchup packets, because in Japan they won't give you any ketchup unless you specifically as for it. I was seated at the table and the lady brought them to me with the fries.

About six minutes later she came back to me and said, "It's actually our policy to only give customers one ketchup packet. Don't worry, I'm not going to take the other one away from you. But, I'm going to have to ask you to keep this a secret. Just between us!"

I told her the secret was safe with me.

#2) I (and the many other passengers in my train car) may have witnessed a strange old Japanese man masturbating while en route to Matsuyama City. To be fair, it wasn't clear exactly what he was doing, as his hands were crammed in the pockets of his big overcoat.

Needless to say, our mostly quiet and serene train car atmosphere was suddenly punctuated by his crescendoing pleasure cries. Most of the people seated around me immediately burst out laughing. This scene happened not once, but TWICE before he got off the train. Got to hand it to the old guy.

While I'm all for jerking off on public transportation, I have to draw the line at one ejaculation.

#3) I was walking past a Shinto shrine in Matsuyama this afternoon when I witnessed the following. A middle-aged Japanese woman abruptly stopped her car in the middle of a busy intersection, thus hindering the flow of traffic.

Once her vehicle was satisfactorily lined up with the shrine's torii gate, she clasped her hands together, bowed her head towards the steering wheel, and began to pray. She was stopped just long enough for the irritated motorists behind her to begin honking.

Watching her, I thought of the most brilliant idea...A DRIVE-THRU SHRINE!!! Motorists deposit their money at the first window and then pull up to the second window to pray!

B.E.W.

No comments: