Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kochi City (高知市)

Since I was blessed with another seemingly random Japanese holiday this past Monday - thank you Ocean Day! - I used my three-day weekend to travel to Kochi Prefecture.

I am now pleased to say that I have visited all of Shikoku's four prefectures. Kochi, the largest one, covers the entire southern half of the island. Since Kochi faces the Pacific Ocean, it is a popular destination for aquatic activities, including canoeing, rafting, and whale watching.

Kochi's size also means that it is rather inconvenient to explore without a set of wheels. It takes a minimum of one hour to travel from Kochi City to most tourist destinations, and over three if you want to visit one of the two famed southern capes.

Still, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Kochi. Subsequent posts will focus on the places I visited in and around the city. In the meantime, down below are some pics I snapped while wandering around downtown.

Enjoy!

B.E.W.

No comments: