Tuesday, August 29, 2006


Here is Columbia Music Entertainment's mascot Koro-chan. As you can see, he is a little boy who wears a cowboy hat and plays the guitar. I don't know when Koro-chan was first used in CME advertisements, but he certainly has that old-time feel about him doesn't he? You can see Koro-chan in digital form on the company's website. He also makes it into album inserts every now and then for that nostalgic feeling. One of my co-workers gave me a Koro-chan keychain. Everyone oohed and aaahed because they evidently stopped making Koro-chan merchandise in 1998 (even though most employees have at least one Koro-chan somewhere on their desk). Quite horribly, Koro-chan took a nosedive off my desk several weeks back, severing his left arm and the neck of his guitar in the process. I guess they don't make Koro-chans like the used to.

No comments: