Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things that go VRRROOOOM in the Night!

Today I was searching for a gift for the two-year-old daughter of a friend I am having dinner with tomorrow night. I wanted to get her a stuffed Ponyo or a Ponyo puppet, because, let's face it, what little Japanese girl wouldn't absolutely love a stuffed Ponyo? Heck, I'd love a stuffed Ponyo and I'm 24 years old!

Sadly, after cruising around the toy shops in Ginza, and even visiting a Studio Ghibli-specific store, it became clear that there are no stuffed Ponyos to be had in the city of Tokyo. I can already see the tears streaming down the little girl's face as I write this post.

The employee at the Ghibli store said they are busy manufacturing stuffed Ponyos in China and that stores won't receive them until early August. I still have to find a gift before tomorrow night. Maybe I'll get her a stuffed Hello Kitty in a fish suit and hope she doesn't know the difference.

While walking around and drinking fluids to avoid heatstroke, I took pictures of automobiles.

Enjoy!

B.E.W.

No comments: