Monday, August 04, 2008

August Update

Hello all,

I sincerely apologize for simply dropping off the face of the blog. I intended to write this update from Japan but got sidetracked with my various preparations for departure. I safely returned home to Seattle, Washington last Monday.

Unfortunately, upon returning home, I was almost immediately struck by the stomach flu. I spent this past week battling a high fever and never-ending diarrhea. While I am inching closer and closer to recovery with each passing day, at the moment, my pulsing stomach cramps are keeping me from fully indulging in this update.

In recent news, I have accepted a position to teach English language courses at Ehime University in Ehime (Shikoku), Japan. I have never been to the island of Shikoku before, so this new job and the accompanying location will certainly be an exciting adventure. I will return to Japan in September to begin work.

I have a lot of thoughts, opinions, and lessons learned from my month spent job searching in Japan. I wish to formulate these into a coherent post or two. Perhaps I’ll make that my goal before I leave again…

…after it stops feeling like I’m giving birth.

B.E.W.

No comments: